(A) A registered architect or architectural firm is required to use a written contract when providing professional services. Such contract between the registered architect and the client shall be executed prior to the registered architect commencing work on any project. The written contract shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following items:
(1) A description and location of the site.
(2) A description of the services to be provided by the registered architect to the client.
(3) A description of the basis of compensation applicable to the contract and the method of payment agreed upon by both parties.
(4) The name and address of the registered architect or architectural firm and the client's name and address.
(5) A description of the procedure to be used by the registered architect and client or design-builder to accommodate additional services.
(6) A statement identifying the ownership of documents prepared by the registered architect and/or reuse of documents.
(7) A description of the procedure to be used by either party to terminate the contract.
(B) This rule shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) Professional services rendered by a registered architect for which no compensation will be paid to the registered architect.
Professional services rendered by a registered architect as a consultant to a professional engineer registered to practice engineering under Chapter 4733. of the Revised Code or to a landscape architect registered under Chapter 4703. of the Revised Code, when a written contract exists between the registered professional engineer or landscape architect and a client who is not the registered architect.
(3) When the services are of the same general kind which the registered architect has previously rendered to and received payment from the same client.