(A) Each barber school shall require each applicant for admission to file with the school a written application on a form prescribed by the board. Each application shall be accompanied by the following:
(1) A certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate, or other documents as approved by the board.
(2) A diploma or other acceptable proof showing graduation from an eighth grade education or equivalent education as determined by an examination conducted under the supervision of the state department of education in the state where the applicant resides.
(3) Two current identical photos (head and shoulders only) no less than two and one-half inches by three and one-half inches, no more than three inches by five inches and must be signed on the front by the applicant.
(B) Each barber school, before admitting any student to enrollment, shall send such application, together with all documents attached thereto, to the board. If the board finds that the applicant fails to meet the requirements, the board shall at once so notify the school and the applicant and state its reasons. If the board finds that the applicant meets its requirements, the board shall so notify the school and issue a registration card to the applicant. The school may then admit the applicant to enrollment and the student so enrolled shall thereafter display the registration card together with his or her photograph near his or her chair.
(C) No barber school shall permit a student to engage in the practice of barbering in the school or attend any classes until student has been issued a registration card by the board.
(D) No student may transfer credits and/or hours from one barber school to another within the state of Ohio without first obtaining written permission from the board.
(E) Teachers and students shall be attired in clean, neat, washable outer garments at all times during school hours.
(F) No credit shall be allowed on the following holidays:
(1) New year's day, January first;
(2) Memorial day;
(3) Independence day, July fourth;
(4) Labor day;
(5) Thanksgiving day;
(6) Christmas day, December twenty-fifth.
(G) Conduct of students
(1) A student shall not be unruly in school or interfere with any other student, and shall comply with the "Rules Governing Barbers and Sanitary Conditions of Barber Shops of Ohio" adopted by the board in accordance with Chapter 4709. of the Revised Code. Any student who violates this paragraph may be suspended or expelled.
(2) Each barber school shall prepare regulations relating to the conduct of students enrolled. Such regulations shall be presented in writing to the board for approval. Upon approval by the board, a copy shall be posted at all times on the bulletin board in the barber school.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/01/2013 and 04/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4709.05
Rule Amplifies: 4709.10
Prior Effective Dates: 11/19/1987, 10/23/1992, 08/09/2002