(A) Form of examinations
(1) The board shall hold regular meetings at the times and places as it determines for the purpose of conducting the examinations required under Chapter 4709. of the Revised Code.
(B) Barber examination and subjects:
(1) The examination for an applicant for a barber's license shall consist of a practical demonstration and a written examination.
(2) The practical examination shall relate only to barbering and shall require the applicant to demonstrate that he/she has a knowledge of and competence in, as a minimum the following subjects:
(c) Hair styling
(d) Shampooing the hair
(f) Scalp massage
(3) The written examination shall relate only to barbering and shall, as a minimum, address the following subjects:
(a) Personal hygiene
(c) Skin and hair structure
(d) Use of barbering instruments
(e) Use of chemicals
(C) Teachers examination and subjects
(1) The examination for an applicant for a barber teacher license shall consist of a graded demonstration of competency in teaching techniques and a written examination.
(2) The demonstration of teaching techniques shall consist of the applicant demonstrating his/her ability to present a typical subject taught in an barber school in a simulated classroom environment. The subject of the presentation shall be designated by the board at the time of the examination.
(3) The written examination for the teacher's license shall as a minimum, address the following subjects:
(a) Principles of education
(b) Teaching principles
(c) Student learning principles
(d) Lesson planning
(e) Teaching aids
(g) Classroom problems