(A) As a condition precedent to the renewal of a license, the board may prescribe continuing education requirements on a licensee as it deems necessary to preserve the health, safety, or welfare of the public. Any such requirement placed upon a licensee shall consist of not more than eight clock hours of instruction in the subjects specified by the board.
(B) A certificate of attendance of any board prescribed continuing education requirement shall be submitted by the licensee with his next application for license renewal. Such certificate shall include the following information:
(1) Name and address of the facility providing the continuing education program;
(2) Subject(s) of the education program;
(3) Number of clock hours in attendance;
(4) Dates instruction provided;
(5) Signature of an authorized official providing the continuing education program.
(C) The board may refuse to renew any license required by Chapter 4709. of the Revised Code for failure to comply with any continuing education requirements prescribed by the board pursuant to division (J) of section 4709.04 of the Revised Code.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4709-5-07