(A) No animals shall be permitted in a barber shop. However, the Board may grant a one year exemption for only one animal per barber shop if the following requirements are met:
(1) A written request applying for such exemption is made by the owner of the barber shop;
(2) Such barber shop owner is also the owner of the animal to be exempted;
(3) The owner of the barber shop submits to the Board written documentation from a veterinarian, licensed by the State of Ohio, indicating that the animal is in good health and has received all appropriate vaccinations and related medical treatment.
(4) The owner of the barber shop submits to the Board a general liability (or equivalent) insurance policy which contains coverage in an amount which totals at least one million dollars. Such policy shall include coverage for any actions taken by such animal;
(5) The owner of the barber shop submits to the Board written documentation that the animal would not be a danger to the general health, safety and welfare of the public;
(6) Such barber shop owner shall submit a photograph of the animal which is the subject of the proposed exemption and such barber shop owner shall maintain such photograph of the animal at the barber shop;
(7) The Board may take other factors into consideration as it determines in its sole discretion.
(B) Such exemption may be renewed according to policies and procedures adopted by the Board.