(A) Any person holding a license, boutique services registration, or a tanning permit issued under Chapters 4709. and 4713. of the Revised Code must inform the board of any change in personal or professional status that would affect that person's ability to receive official correspondence related to that person's license.
(1) Notice of a change in status would include marriage, divorce, or official change of name which would affect that person's license or boutique services registration.
(2) Students in a licensed cosmetology or barber school who incur a name change during the period of training need not provide such notice until at the time of application for the state exam and/or license. Official documentation of the type of change and effective date of the change must be provided with the examination application or license application.
(B) Salon, barber shop, school, tanning, and any other business facility licenses issued by the board are not transferable from one address to another or from one owner to another.
(1) A licensee that is a legal business shall report a change in ownership that does not involve a transfer of the majority ownership or a change in the business location to the board within thirty days, but is not required to obtain a new license for the business.
(2) Any licensee transferring majority ownership or the physical location of a licensed salon, barber shop, school, tanning facility, or other business licensed by the board shall apply for a new license or permit within thirty days of the change. The business that has undergone a change of ownership is permitted to open or offer services while a timely application is processed and is subject to the board's approval.
(3) A licensed salon, barber shop, school, tanning facility, or other business licensed by the board that changes its designated space within a mall, office building, nursing home, or other facility is exempted from the requirement to obtain a new license if the business meets the following:
(a) The business' physical address does not change; and
(b) The business notifies the board of the change within thirty days.
Replaces: 4709-7-07, 4709-7-10, 4709-7-14, 4713-1-11, 4713-13-01
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 02/21/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4709.05, 4713.08(A)(1), (A)(20)
Rule Amplifies: 4709.09(D), 4709.12, 4713.07(A)(1), 4713.14, 4713.20, 4713.41, 4713.44, 4713.48, 4713.64, 4713.69. 4745.02
Prior Effective Dates: 11/01/2013, 04/03/2017