(A) Except for salons licensed prior to September 5, 1977, a salon may be located in a residence provided the salon shall have an entrance to the outside separate from the living quarters or garage of the residence. The salon may have doors within its interior that allow access into the living quarters or garage or basement of the residence. The doors shall be solid with a wood frame or other solid frame, and shall be able to be secured, and shall be kept closed during the time when the salon is open for business.
(1) Residential salons shall be properly licensed according to the branch of cosmetology practiced in the salon.
(2) The residential salons shall be subject to all laws and rules of Chapter 4713. of the Revised Code and the rules promulgated under it in order to obtain and maintain licensure and shall comply with all licensure and operating requirements prescribed in this paragraph for salons.
(B) Mobile homes, motor homes, trailers or any type of recreational vehicle that are not designed for commercial use under the Ohio building codes are prohibited for licensure as any type of salon or tanning facility. A motor home, defined as a self-propelled recreational vehicle that has no fifth wheel, constructed with permanently installed facilities for cold storage, cooking, consuming of food and that has been remodeled and certified for class A commercial usage, may be used as a mobile salon.
(1) Mobile salons shall be subject to all laws and rules of Chapter 4713. of the Revised Code and the rules promulgated under it in order to obtain and maintain licensure and shall comply with all licensure and operating requirements prescribed in this paragraph for salons.
(2) Each mobile salon must be equipped with a functional sink and flush chemical toilet with a holding tank.
(3) The mobile salon's responsible party's telephone number, e-mail address and permanent address shall be included on the mobile salon's application for licensure, and must be updated and accurate.
(4) In disposing of sewage and waste water, each mobile salon shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental and sanitary regulations.
(5) No service may be performed on a patron in a moving vehicle. Services shall be performed in a mobile salon that is parked in a safe, accessible, legal parking spot.
(6) A mobile salon shall be equipped with a board approved mobile tracking device and mechanism to track the movements of the mobile salon to allow the inspectors to conduct an inspection of a mobile salon and a permanently placed salon in the same manner.
(7) Operation of a mobile salon shall cease promptly when:
(a) Waste water storage capacity has been reached;
(b) The toilet and or sink are non-functioning, or
(c) The mobile salon no longer has an adequate supply of clean water, or adequate waste water capacity for completing all cosmetology services.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(1)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.41
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/77, 12/17/89/, 2/24/91, 1/26/97, 10/31/06