(A) Independent contractors, formerly known as "booth renters", will receive independent contractor licenses that meet the following criteria:
(1) Addressed to the licensee's home address.
(2) The license must be posted at all times with the individuals cosmetology or branch of cosmetology license in the salon where they are working.
(3) These licensees will be a different color from other salon licenses.
(4) Applicants must have an active manager's license for the appropriate branch of cosmetology.
(5) This license authorizes the individual to work in any "Board" licensed salon, which includes their branch of cosmetology.
(B) Where a license for an independent contractor has been issued, the "Board" shall hold the individual independent contractor and the salon owner responsible for the compliance with all cosmetology statutes and rules as follows:
(1) Salon owner is responsible for all common areas and any employee areas.
(2) Independent contractors are responsible for own station areas permanently assigned and any being used when inspection occurs.
(3) Independent contractors are equally responsible for common areas when present.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/14/2008 and 09/28/2013
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(9)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.39
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/77, 12/17/89, 2/24/91, 1/26/97, 4/1/00, 1/10/04