(A) Independent contractors will receive independent contractor licenses that meet the following criteria:
(1) Addressed to the licensee's home address;
(2) The license held by an independent contractor will be a different color from other salon licenses;
(3) The license indicates that it authorizes the individual to work in any board licensed salon that includes the individual's branch of cosmetology.
(B) Requirements for independent contractors
(1) An applicant for an independent contractor's license shall have an active manager's license for the branch of cosmetology in which the applicant practices.
(2) The independent contractor license must be posted at all times with the independent contractor's cosmetology or branch of cosmetology license in the salon where the independent contractor is working. If the independent contractor practices a branch of cosmetology at more than one salon, the individual shall carry the license to each work station and shall post the license at the station while working.
(C) Where a license for an independent contractor has been issued, the board shall hold the individual independent contractor and the salon owner responsible for compliance with all cosmetology statutes and rules as follows:
(1) The salon owner is responsible for all common areas;
(2) Independent contractors are equally responsible for common areas when present, and
(3) Where the salon has individual locked work areas or salons, each independent contractor having the authority to use the individual work area or salon shall be available or shall have an authorized representative be available to open the locked work area or salon within an hour of the arrival or a board inspector or investigator for an inspection or investigation.
(D) An independent contractor's license is a mobile license, following the contractor to a location. For that reason, should an independent contractor's location change, the independent contractor shall retain the same license, but shall follow paragraph (B) of this rule.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08
Rule Amplifies: 4713.01, 4713.39, 4713.41
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/77, 12/17/89, 2/24/91, 1/26/97, 4/1/00, 1/10/04, 9/28/08, 11/1/2013