(A) Programs shall not be approved by the board in segments of less than one hour.
(B) Board-approved courses offered to instructor licensees shall only consist of topics that directly relate to the principles of teaching.
(C) A provider shall maintain for four years a record of attendance of each person attending an offering. The record shall include the following information:
(1) Board-issued CE course number;
(2) Complete name and board-issued license identification number of attendee;
(3) Course offering, title, and description;
(4) Hours of continuing education credit;
(5) Date of course offering;
(6) Name, address, and signature of course instructor or other authorized representative of the provider;
(7) Score attained on course test (for internet or correspondence courses only); and
(8) A certificate from the provider shall certify the items enumerated above and furnish a copy to the attendee immediately upon the licensee's completion of the course offering.
(D) Course offerings by persons whose principal residence or place of business is not located in the state of Ohio or course offerings by foreign corporations as defined by section 1703.01 of the Revised Code shall be approved if they comply with the requirements contained in this chapter. A licensee may receive CE credit for a course offered out of state if the board approves the course in advance of the licensee taking the course.
(E) Each continuing education course shall be open to all board licensees on an equal basis except for private courses that may be offered by invitation only. Course attendance may be restricted to licensees due to valid course prerequisites for admission or by the maximum number of participants allowable as determined by the provider and shall be fully disclosed during the application process for continuing education course approval.
(F) A licensee who attends a CE course in person shall receive CE credit for the course.
(G) Each provider shall notify the board, at least fifteen days in advance, of the addition of an offering date for an approved course. The provider shall also notify the board, at least fifteen days in advance, of all course changes including locations, times, changes in course content, or changes of course instructors, except when an emergency has occurred closer to the date of the approved course, making it necessary to change the location of the CE. The notice shall be submitted to the board office in a specified electronic format as set forth by the board in the provider application.
(H) Each provider shall submit to the board, within fifteen days after completion of each course offering, a list of licensees who successfully completed the course. The list must be submitted to the board office in a specified electronic format set forth by the board in the provider application.
(I) The board may suspend, revoke, or deny the approval of an instructor or provider that fails to comply with any provisions of this chapter.
(1) Written notice of the suspension, denial, or revocation shall be given stating the reason,
(2) Any provider that has had its application for a course or application to be an Ohio provider of continuing education denied or had the privilege of offering CE courses in Ohio revoked or suspended may request a hearing pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(3) Until the board has issued its final order as a result of any denial of approval and the appeal time from the order has passed, that has been suspended or revoked or whose course offering was denied shall not offer a course and advertise the course to licensees as approved for CE credit.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/01/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08 , 4713.09
Rule Amplifies: 4713.59 , 4713.62 , 4743.07
Prior Effective Dates: 6/15/95, 1/26/97, 4/1/01, 1/10/04, 6/21/2011