(A) An opening school package shall be submitted at least forty-five days prior to the opening of the school. The applicant shall complete the application package on forms provided by the board and shall include the following.
(1) Names and addresses of all owners, partners, managing members of limited liability companies (LLC) and/or corporate directors with a five per cent share or larger of the business. For corporate and limited liability companies, the names of the individuals who are incorporating the school, the top officers of the corporation and the top management shall be included. All other schools shall include the names of the individuals who will be managing or directing the day-to-day activities of the school.
(3) A proposed school calendar with schedule of classes both clinic and non-clinic for the first year.
(4) A list of all equipment.
(5) A list of reference materials available to the students.
(6) A copy of the school's course outline, syllabus and a sample of lesson plans for each program or branch of cosmetology to be taught at the school. A complete copy of all lessons plans shall be available at the school at all times.
(7) Copies of the school's contracts, catalogue and/or handbook, policies of the school as set forth in the catalogue and/or handbook, refund policies, assessments used for transfer of students, rules for governing students, monthly reports, and time sheets for student's daily records.
(8) The school shall present to the board a letter from a bonding company certifying that the statutory bonding requirements of division (A)(8) of section 4713.44 of the Revised Code have been met. The surety bond shall remain effective for the term of licensure with the board. Surety bonds are subject to audit by the board during random inspections. The school shall be provided five working days to send a copy of a current surety bond to the board if the bond is not available during the random inspection.
(9) A certification from the state department of industrial relations or local building inspection authority approving the plumbing and a copy of the final occupancy permit for the building (may be provided at opening inspection), and
(10) An opening inspection report from the board verifying the statements made by the applicants in their opening school package and ensuring compliance with all applicable statutes and rules.
(C) Preliminary approval for a school will not be granted more than sixty days prior to its expected construction completion date. Final approval shall be granted as set forth in rule 4713-3-08 of the Administrative Code.
(D) To ensure compliance with opening standards, each school shall submit to the board and shall maintain in its own files for five years from the date of hiring a copy of a board provided form for each instructor and administrator.
(1) Schools shall provide this information within fourteen days of the opening date of the school.
(2) Schools shall employ and maintain sufficient instructors to cover all programs scheduled or being taught.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/03/2016 and 12/05/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(13)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.44, 4713.45
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/77, 12/17/89, 2/24/91, 1/26/97, 5/01/03, 02/28/2014