(A) Every school shall be well lighted, well ventilated, able to maintain suitable room temperature, and kept in an orderly and sanitary condition. The HVAC system shall be certified to meet state building code for the use of the space as a school under rule 4101:2-39-03 of the Administrative Code(table 403.3 ).
(B) Every school shall maintain a practice/demonstration room, as well as a clinic except in public schools in which there is a separation of freshman, sophomore, junior and senior students, as defined by the school system, the clinic and the practice room need not be maintained as separate rooms.
(C) The following clinic requirements shall be met:
(1) The clinic shall contain stations for instruction of students and shall for school's offering cosmetology, hair design or natural hair styling programs be equipped with two shampoo bowls per fifteen students in attendance at each session.
(2) The clinic rooms shall not be partitioned into booths; however, the clinic shall be separated from the practice/demonstration room by at least eight foot high partitions
(3) Every school offering cosmetology, hair design or natural hair styling programs shall have one clinic station for every two students in attendance at each clinic session. Such clinic stations shall be equipped with mirrors, adjustable height chairs, and accommodations for student's equipment and supplies for clinic practice.
(4) Esthetic and manicuring schools shall have at least one clinic station for each two students equipped with appropriate tables, chairs and accommodations for student's supplies and equipment.
(D) The practice room shall contain practice stations and for school's offering cosmetology, hair design or natural hair styling programs equipped with at least one shampoo bowl per fifteen students. Esthetic and nail only school shall have at least one sink in the practice room.
(E) The school has the option of meeting the shampoo bowl requirements of this rule by establishing a shampoo area separate from both clinic and practice rooms. The shampoo area shall meet the number of shampoo bowls per student ratios and shall be accessible from both the clinic and practice room without going through the other room.
(F) Facial rooms have the following requirements:
(1) Every school offering cosmetology or esthetics shall have a separate facial room, which is properly equipped to provide a complete facial service including a sink with hot and cold water.
(2) The facial room shall be separated from other rooms by partitions sufficient to provide client privacy.
(3) Esthetic schools shall have at least one facial, waxing or make-up room or station similarly equipped for each three students assigned to the practice room and/or clinic.
(4) Additional facial rooms in full cosmetology course schools may have a sink with hot and cold running water in the room or a sink outside the room shall be within forty feet. Cosmetology schools or esthetic only schools may divide the clinic into facial rooms that meet the privacy concerns of their service clients. These divisions may be partitions that are ceiling mounted movable curtains similar to hospital curtains or other flexible dividers. Each such facial room shall be within forty feet of a sink with hot and cold running water.
(G) Every school shall have a dispensary convenient to the other school rooms, which shall be used for the storing and dispensing of supplies and the sanitizing of instruments. The dispensary area shall be a minimum of twenty-four square feet and equipped with a sink with hot and cold running water, wet sanitizers, and waste containers. Every school shall have closed cabinets for clean towels and containers for used towels. Every school shall maintain sufficient supplies for teaching purposes. In addition to the designated dispensary area a school may have an additional area, authorized for the primary purpose of sanitizing instruments.
(H) Every school shall maintain separate and clean toilet facilities for both men and women, equipped with a water closet and hand washing facilities, including hot and cold running water. The facilities shall be kept clean, sanitary and functional.
(I) Every school shall provide locker facilities or other secured enclosures for temporary storage of personal effects for every student attending the school for the safekeeping of their personal belongings. A minimum of one locker or other secured enclosure for every two students shall be provided.
(J) Every school shall have an office, which shall contain at least one metal filing cabinet for the safekeeping of its students' daily attendance records, permanent training records, and state "Board" forms. Every school must keep, and make available for inspection its time sheets, school monthly records, and state "Board" forms. Each school shall keep records of its students for a period of five years from the date of enrollment, except those students who have completed their appropriate hours of training and have forwarded their applications for licensure to the "Board".