(A) A school shall maintain a complete training record for each student. At a minimum, a school shall keep a student's withdrawal or transfer form that shows the number of clock hours completed and passed in each major subject area relevant to the branch of cosmetology the student studies.
(B) The records of each student shall be kept for a minimum of five years from the date of enrollment or until such records are transferred to the board, whichever occurs first.
(C) Schools may keep these records at offices located outside the school's training facilities.
(D) Such records shall be available upon request by the board or its authorized agent or pursuant to an inspection or investigation within an hour.
(E) A student may request in writing a review of that student's records.
(1) A school shall make available all records relating to the requesting student's contractual agreements, attendance and progress as follows:
(a) For a current student, the school shall produce records within three business days from the date of the request.
(b) For an individual who is not currently a student, the school shall produce the records within ten days, except for those records a school is no longer required to retain as set forth in this rule.
(2) Financial records stored off-site by a third party provider of financing shall be produced within ten days.
(3) The school may charge a reasonable fee for providing copies of the records, provided that the fee would not prevent the student's access to the records.
(4) The review by any student to whom the specific records relate shall occur during regular school office hours.
(5) A school official may be present during any records reviews in order to ensure the integrity of the record.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/28/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08
Rule Amplifies: 4713.44, 4713.45
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/77, 12/17/89, 1/26/97, 8/5/01, 5/1/03