(A) A school shall maintain records for each student on a form that either has been designed by the board or follows closely the design of the board's form.
(1) The records shall have the student's full legal name and the date of enrollment.
(2) All schools shall maintain an accurate and complete record of all training, including the records of each student's total clock hours received each day and the cumulative hours accrued in the program of study.
(a) The school shall maintain on file documentation that clearly indicates student's progress toward completion of the board approved course curriculum. The documentation shall include the final grade for the theory and practical lessons for each course outlined in the program curriculum.
(B) Schools shall file a monthly attendance and hours report with the board as outlined in this rule. The report shall be typewritten with the student's names listed in alphabetical order and filed with the board as required.
(1) Schools shall report no later than the twentieth day of the following month the number of hours of instruction obtained by each student each month and the total clock hours accrued since the date of enrollment. Schools offering credit hours or competency-based credit must convert all hours to clock hours for reporting purposes under this rule.
(C) If a dispute arises between a student and a school over the number of hours obtained by the student, upon notification by the board, the school shall immediately certify to the board a copy of the student's records listing the daily number of hours obtained by the student in each major subject area or program/course credits earned. The board shall then resolve the discrepancy by examining the school's records and any information submitted by the student. Upon notification of the board's findings, the school shall certify and send to the board a corrected copy of the student's records within ten days of the mailing date of notification.
(D) Annually, on or after the thirtieth of June, each school shall report to the board for the period beginning on the first of July from the prior year to the thirtieth of June in the current year the following information:
(1) The number of students enrolled in courses at school;
(2) The number of students graduated during the period;
(3) The annual cost for students to attend the program;
(4) The loan default rates for the school.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/03/2016 and 12/05/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(13)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.44, 4713.45
Prior Effective Dates: 1/26/97, 8/1/99, 8/5/01, 5/1/03, 6/25/09, 02/28/2014