(A) A student, currently or previously enrolled in a school of cosmetology who intends to transfer to another licensed school, shall first notify, in writing, the "Board", and the school in which the student is enrolled, of their intention to transfer. The "Board" shall, in writing, notify the original school to certify the training received by the student in that school. The certification shall be on forms furnished by the "Board" and shall be submitted to the "Board" within thirty days of the request by the student or "Board". When the certification of training is received, the "Board" shall notify the school to which the student wishes to transfer of the number of hours or credits approved. If the student has not completed their contractual obligations to pay fees, tuition, etc. the school may withhold all transcript information until the contract is in good standing. If the original school refuses for reasons other than contractual financial obligations to transfer a student's record, the "Board", or it's authorized agent, may obtain the record from the original school in order to establish the hours or credits earned for the student. Any student wishing to transfer schools shall not accure any credit for training at the new school until the "Board" has submitted the student record to the new school.
(1) Clock hour to clock hour transfers shall not exceed one hour for one hour.
(2) Clock hour to credit hour transfers shall not exceed a twenty to one basis but shall be evaluated for applicability within the course outlines of the receiving school for conversion of credit for whole courses within the program currently offered by the school.
(3) Clock hour or credit hour career technical school transfers to other career technical schools shall be evaluated by assessment of the students knowledge and program work with the ODE/"Board" approved course outlines for appropriate credit granted.
(4) Credit hour to clock hour transfers shall not exceed a twenty hours per credit basis for successfully completed and passed courses only.
(5) Career technical school to proprietary school clock hour transfers shall be for successfully completed and passed courses only
(6) Career technical school to proprietary school credit hour transfers shall be for successfully completed and passed courses only and shall not exceed twenty-five credit hours per year.
(B) The "Board" may waive the thirty day requirement for any student transferring from a career technical program in this state.
(C) A student who desires to transfer to another approved program of study within the cosmetology offerings at their school, another school, or from another state shall receive only those hours or credits from the current program of study that directly apply to the new program of study. Not all hours within a designated program of study shall be transferable to another program of study. In a dispute over the number of hours or credits eligible for transfer the "Board" training division shall verify the number of eligible hours or credits within the program that may be transferred per paragraph (A) of this rule. Of the hours or credits available for transfer the receiving school shall determine the number of hours or credits it is willing to accept and so notify the student prior to a contract being signed.
(D) Any student attending a school licensed in another state of the United States or the District of Columbia may transfer their certified hours of instruction to Ohio and be given credit not to exceed one-hour for one-hour basis for clock hour schools, provided that those hours meet the statutory limitations outlined in section 4713.28 of the Revised Code and rules 4713-5-01 to 4713-5-03 of the Administrative Code. Career technical schools shall give a performance examination before awarding any credit toward the course outline approved by ODE/"Board". Credit hour schools shall assess the clock or credit hours completed and award credit as it fits their approved course outlines.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(13)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.44, 4713.45
Prior Effective Dates: 9/5/77, 12/17/89, 2/24/91, 1/26/97, 8/5/01, 5/1/03