(A) The following individuals are eligible for a temporary work permit: students approved for examination for licensure and out-of-state licensees who are required to take the examination for licensure;
(1) Temporary work permits for examination applicants..
(a) Every applicant who desires to practice cosmetology or a branch thereof prior to examination shall obtain a temporary work permit from the board. The temporary work permit authorizes the holder thereof to engage in the practice of cosmetology under the supervision of an appropriate board licensee up to the date of examination. Such temporary work permit may be extended one time by the board. However, no person is entitled to more than one extension of their temporary work permit and candidates are not permitted to practice cosmetology beyond the date of the extension. The temporary permit of a person who fails any part of the examination shall not be renewed.
(2) The temporary permit shall be turned in to the board on the date of the examination.
(3) On the date of examination, after successfully passing the examination, the work permit may be extended to a board determined date allowing the applicant to continue to work pending receipt of the applicant's license.or their license assuming they passed the examination. The extended work permit will be authenticated with the board seal and candidates will not be permitted to practice cosmetology services beyond this board determined date without a license.
(B) Foreign nationals and individuals licensed in other states are eligible for a temporary special occasion work permit.
(1) Salons are eligible for one temporary special occasion work permit per individual licensee per year.
(2) To receive a permit, the salon shall provide the board documents credentialing the licensee. All documents shall be provided in english or with a certified english translation from a certified U.S. translation service.
(3) Each salon that desires a temporary special occasion work permit shall provide the following:
(a) A fifty-dollar fee;
(b) A copy of the license from the licensee's state. If the individual for whom the salon is seeking a temporary special occasion work permit is from a foreign country that does not license the cosmetology field, the salon shall provide documentation of the individual's professional experience;
(c) The dates requested for the special occasion work permit not to exceed one month;
(d) The salon board identification number, and
(e) If the individual is not a citizen of the United States, the salon shall provide proof that the individual may legally work in this country.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/28/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(13)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.22 , 4713.44 , 4713.45
Prior Effective Dates: 1/26/97, 1/8/99, 5/1/03