(A) "Good standing" means the following:
(1) The licensee maintains a valid, current cosmetology, esthetician, hair design, natural hair stylist or manicurist license issued by the "Board".
(2) There is no current or pending discipline against the license.
(3) The licensee has no unpaid fine issued pursuant to section 4713.17 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Appropriate training" means the student intern has completed at least fifty percent of the required minimum practical operations and minimum hours of technical instruction set forth in division (F), (G), (H), (I), or (J) of section 4713.28 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Chemical treatment" means any product or procedure, including the preparation and/or application of the product, that alters or changes the molecular structure of the hair, skin or nails through the chemical treatments. These treatments may include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Permanent waving
(2) Soft permanent waving
(3) Chemical straightening
(4) Sodium hydroxide and other base solutions
(5) Hair coloring and bleaching (semi-permanent and permanent)
(6) Chemical skin peel products
(7) Depilatory products
(8) Lash and brow tinting products
(D) "Direct and immediate supervision" means the student intern shall work on a paying client, only in an assisting capacity, when a designated licensee is present to oversee the work process. The tasks performed by the student intern shall be within the scope of practice of the designated licensee who is supervising the student intern.
(E) "Directly supervised" means the student intern shall not use or apply chemical treatments unless a designated licensee is present to oversee the work process. The tasks performed by the student intern shall be within the scope of practice of the designated licensee who is supervising the student intern.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(13)
Rule Amplifies: 4713.28(F)(G)(H)(I)(J), 4713.44(A)
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/01, 1/10/04