(A) All schools in good standing with the board may participate in the internship program at their sole discretion. Schools may direct and set limits on total hours and days of the week.
(B) Students shall have completed at least fifty per cent of their base license course outlines before they shall participate as an intern. The following additional restrictions apply:
(1) Interns with less than seventy percent of their program complete shall not provide chemical services.
(2) Students shall be in good standing at the school.
(3) Students shall have written permission from their parents, if they are minors, and
(4) Students shall have met the schools eligibility requirements.
(C) Salons may have either a managing cosmetologist who has at least five years of experience within the scope of practice of cosmetology of the intern when an intern is present in the salon. In the alternative, a salon may have one other licensee with at least five or more years of experience within the scope of practice of cosmetology of the intern present when an intern is present in the salon.
(1) At no time shall an intern work in a salon without either a managing cosmetologist or an experienced licensee as set forth in this rule being present and being in direct and immediate supervision of the work of the intern.
(2) For each intern in a salon, the salon shall have in direct and immediate supervision of the intern either one managing cosmetologist or one experienced licensee as set forth in this rule. No manager or licensee shall supervise more than one intern at a time.
(D) Schools or salons that violate any part of Chapter 4713-6 of the Administrative Code shall be ineligible to participate in the internship program for one year after the violation has been resolved.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/08/2013 and 02/28/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08
Rule Amplifies: 4713.28 , 4713.44
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/01, 1/10/04