(A) No licensed dental hygienist shall participate in the oral health access supervision program as provided in sections 4715.36 to 4715.374 of the Revised Code, unless such dental hygienist possesses a permit issued by the Ohio state dental board.
(B) In order to receive such a permit, the licensed dental hygienist shall apply on a form prescribed and provided by the state dental board, submit the application fee of twenty dollars, and provide the following information:
(1) Dental hygienist's name;
(2) Ohio license number; and
(3) Other information required by the board.
(C) The applicant shall provide evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant has done all of the following:
(1) Completed at least two years and attained a minimum of three thousand hours of experience in the clinical practice of dental hygiene;
(2) Completed at least twenty-four hours of continuing dental hygiene education during the two years immediately preceding submission of the application;
(3) Completed a course pertaining to the practice of dental hygiene under the oral health access supervision of a dentist that meets standards established in rule 4715-9-06.1 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Completed, during the two years immediately preceding application, a course pertaining to the identification and prevention of potential medical emergencies that is the same as the course described in division (C)(2) of section 4715.22 of the Revised Code.
(D) The state dental board shall issue a permit to practice under the oral health access supervision of a dentist to a dental hygienist who is in good standing with the board and meets all of the requirements of paragraphs (B) and (C) of this rule.