(A) Each individual seeking to register with the board as an expanded function dental auxiliary must successfully pass the examination administered by the commission on dental testing in Ohio or an examination accepted by the board as an examination of competency to practice as an expanded function dental auxiliary.
(B) An examination may be accepted by the board only if the entity that administers the examination requires an individual to be one of the following as a condition of admission to the examination:
(1) An unlicensed dentist who has graduated from an accredited dental college, as specified in section 4715.10 of the Revised Code, and does not have a dental license under suspension or revocation by the board;
(2) A dental student who is enrolled in an accredited dental college, as specified in section 4715.10 of the Revised Code, and is considered by the dean of the college to be in good standing as a dental student;
(3) A graduate of an unaccredited dental college located outside the United States;
(4) A dental assistant who is certified by the dental assisting national board or the Ohio commission on dental assistant certification;
(5) A dental hygienist licensed under this chapter whose license is in good standing; or
(6) An unlicensed dental hygienist who has graduated from an accredited dental hygiene program, as specified in section 4715.21 of the Revised Code, and does not have a dental hygiene license under suspension or revocation by the board.
Replaces: 4715-11- 04.2