(A) Every person certified to practice as a dental assistant radiographer and required to register with the state dental board shall provide proof to the board at the time of applying for a renewal of registration that in the preceding two years the registrant has completed a minimum of two hours of continuing education in dental radiation technology. Certification shall be made upon the application for registration prescribed by the board pursuant to section 4715.53 of the Revised Code.
(B) Continuing education programs may be developed and offered to dental assistant radiographers by any of the following agencies or organizations:
(1) National, state, district, or local dental associations affiliated with the American dental association or National dental association;
(2) National, state, district, or local dental hygienists' associations affiliated with the American dental hygienists' association;
(3) National, state, district, or local dental assistants associations affiliated with the American dental assistants association;
(4) Accredited dental colleges or schools;
(5) Accredited dental hygiene colleges or schools;
(6) Other organizations, schools, paraprofessional programs, or agencies approved by the state dental board.
(C) Continuing radiation technology programs include, but are not limited to, programs that address any of the following:
(1) Radiation physics;
(2) Radiation biology;
(3) Radiation health, safety and protection;
(4) X-ray films and radiographic film quality;
(5) Radiographic techniques, processing and storage.
(D) A dental assistant radiographer shall retain in his records for a period of at least four years such receipts, vouchers, or certificates as may be necessary to document completion of continuing education programs. With cause, the board may request such documentation from dental assistant radiographers, and the board may request such documentation from dental assistant radiographers at random without cause.
(E) The board may excuse dental assistant radiographers, as a group or as individuals, from all or any part of the requirements of this rule because of an unusual circumstance, emergency, or special hardship.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/14/2014 and 04/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4715.03 , 4715.53 , 4715.57
Rule Amplifies: 4715.53 , 4715.57
Prior Effective Dates: 4-4-02, 10-9-06