(A) The attorney hearing examiner shall, upon request of either party, schedule a prehearing conference. Further, the attorney hearing examiner may direct participation by the representatives of record in a prehearing conference. Such conference may be initiated by the attorney hearing examiner, or upon motion of either representative.
(B) Prehearing conferences may be held for the following purposes:
(1) Identification of issues;
(2) Obtaining stipulations and admissions;
(3) Agreements limiting the number of witnesses;
(4) Discussion of documents, exhibits, and witness lists;
(5) Estimating the time necessary for hearing;
(6) Discussion of any other matters tending to expedite the proceedings.
(C) All representatives of record shall attend the prehearing conference fully prepared to discuss the items enumerated in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(D) Procedural orders may be issued by the attorney hearing examiner based upon information obtained at a prehearing conference.
Prior History: (R.C.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4715.03
Rule Amplifies: 4715.03(D), 4715.30, Chapter 119
Prior Effective Dates: 11-10-00 )