In order to obtain approval as a biennial sponsor, a sponsor shall:
(A) Make application by completion of an application form provided by the board, including a fee of one hundred thirty-five dollars for the biennium, to be prorated at a rate of thirty-seven dollars and seventy-five cents per half year, based on the time the application is submitted.
(B) Submit evidence to the board demonstrating adherence to the following standards:
(1) Participant objectives shall state the expected outcomes for the participant and be used as a basis for determining content and learning experiences. Explicit written educational objectives identifying the expected learner outcomes must be developed for each activity. The program planner must be ultimately responsible for ensuring that appropriate objectives are developed for each activity. The educational objectives may however, be prepared by the instructor, course director or program planner.
(2) Curriculum offerings shall reflect appropriate didactic and clinical training for the subject matter. The teaching methods shall be appropriate to achieve the stated objective of the course and the time allotted is sufficient for the participants to meet the stated objectives. When a course includes clinical dental hygiene or dental assistant radiographer practice on patients, an Ohio licensed dentist shall provide supervision.
(3) Continuing education sponsors must ensure that providers/instructors chosen to teach courses are qualified by education and/or experience to provide instruction in the relevant subject matter.
(4) Facilities and equipment shall be specifically designed for instruction in each subject offered.
(5) Award partial credit for participants failing to complete the total number of hours for which a specific offering planned, if appropriate, in view of the subject matter and the instruction method of the course.
(C) Designate a person who assumes responsibility for each continuing education offering. The contact person shall:
(1) Completely file all information necessary for provider approval.
(2) Ensure that continuing education offerings that are to receive hours of credit acceptable towards Ohio licensure renewal comply with sections 4715.141 and 4715.25 of the Revised Code, and all rules of the board.
(3) Provide written certification that the course has been satisfactorily completed only to those attendees who have completed the course. The certification shall contain the sponsor's name, title of course, instructor(s), date of course, location, and number of hours of credit acceptable towards Ohio licensure renewal and category of credit according to rule 4715-8-01(A) to (H) of the Administrative Code. Validation by the sponsor of a document furnished by the attendee shall satisfy this requirement.
(4) Notify the board of any significant changes relative to the maintenance of standards as set forth in this chapter.
(D) Maintain records of individual course offerings. Records shall include:
(1) Name of CE sponsor, instructor(s) and their qualifications;
(2) The date(s), location and number of continuing education hours of acceptable towards Ohio licensure renewal;
(3) The title of the offering and/or specific subjects;
(5) Sponsors must maintain records of the individual participants at each educational offering, including their names and addresses, for a period of at least four years.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4715.03
Rule Amplifies: 4715.141 , 4715.16 , 4715.25 , 4715.58
Prior Effective Dates: 08/11/89, 04/27/98, 04/05/01, 04/04/02