Chapter 4717-10 Preneed Funeral Contract Annual Report
(A) Unless exempt from compliance under section 4717.38 of the Revised Code or otherwise not required to file an annual report with the board pursuant to division (K) of section 4717.31 of the Revised Code, each year no later than the thirtieth day of March, a seller of preneed funeral contracts who is subject to sections 4717.31 to 4717.38 of the Revised Code shall file an annual report relating to all existing funded preneed contracts as of December thirty-first of the prior calendar year. The report shall be submitted on a form provided by the board and shall include, but not be limited to the following:
(1) The name of the beneficiary of each trust account or insurance policy as of the thirty-first day of December;
(2) An account or policy number for each trust account or insurance policy as of the thirty-first day of December;
(3) The account balance of each trust account as of the thirty-first day of December;
(4) Any activity on each trust account in the calendar year immediately preceding the thirty-first day of December;
(5) Information indicating whether the trust funds in each trust account were invested in accordance with Chapter 1111. of the Revised Code in the calendar year immediately preceding the thirty-first day of December;
(6) In the event that the trustee of the account is a natural person, evidence of the existence and amount of any corporate surety bond for each account as of the thirty-first day of December.
(B) An affidavit certifying items in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(6) of this rule signed by the funeral director actually in charge of and ultimately responsible for the funeral home.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 03/27/2017 and 04/05/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4717.04
Rule Amplifies: 4717.31
Prior Effective Dates: 1/1/86, 1/1/90, 1/1/01, 1/9/07