(A) The examination for an applicant for an embalmer's license shall consist of two distinct sections to be designated as a nationally recognized examination for funeral service licensure, and the Ohio laws section.
(B) The Ohio laws section shall be taken from the following sources:
(1) Ohio laws governing embalming and funeral directing;
(2) Ohio laws governing transportation of dead human bodies;
(3) Ohio health laws, rules and regulations governing preparation and transportation of dead human bodies;
(4) Ohio laws governing sales tax as related to funeral directing;
(5) Ohio laws governing funds provided by the bureau of workers' compensation for final disposition of dead human bodies when the cause of death is work-related;
(6) Federal laws governing burial of veterans;
(7) Ohio laws governing funeral processions;
(8) Ohio laws, rules and regulations governing pre-need funeral contracts;
(9) Federal trade commission funeral rules;
(10) Occupational, safety, and health administration (OSHA) regulations;
(11) Environmental protection agency (EPA) regulations.
(C) A grade of seventy-five per cent or higher on each section of the examination shall be considered a passing grade.
(D) Qualifications for re-examination.
Any applicant who has failed an embalmers' examination shall be qualified to retake the examination after any waiting period determined by the examining agency and payment of the applicable fee(s).
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 03/27/2017 and 04/05/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4717.04
Rule Amplifies: 4717.05
Prior Effective Dates: 6/19/74, 1/1/84, 1/1/86, 7/1/87, 8/25/87 (Emer.), 1/1/88, 1/1/01, 11/10/05