(A) The examination for an applicant for a funeral director's license shall consist of two distinct sections designated as a nationally recognized examination for funeral service licensure, and the Ohio laws section. An applicant who has not completed mortuary science college shall take a comprehensive funeral service arts examination.
(B) The Ohio laws section for the examination shall be taken from the following sources:
(1) Ohio laws governing embalming and funeral directing;
(2) Ohio laws governing transportation of dead human bodies;
(3) Ohio health laws, rules and regulations governing preparation and transportation of dead human bodies;
(4) Ohio laws governing sales tax as related to funeral directing;
(5) Ohio laws governing funds provided by the bureau of workers' compensation for final disposition of dead human bodies when the cause of death is work-related;
(6) Federal laws governing burial of veterans;
(7) Ohio laws governing funeral processions;
(8) Ohio laws, rules and regulations governing pre-need funeral contracts;
(9) Federal trade commission funeral rules;
(10) Occupational, Safety, and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations;
(11) Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations.
(C) A grade of seventy-five percent or higher on each of the sections shall be considered a passing grade.
(D) Qualifications for re-examination
Any applicant who has failed an embalmers' examination will be qualified to retake the examination after a waiting period determined by the examining agency and payment of the applicable fee(s).