(A) According to division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, the board shall ensure that any person can determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Writing the board to request advance notification of all meetings of the board, board committees or advisory groups;
(2) Writing the board to request advance notification of all meetings at which specific public matters designated by those persons are scheduled to be discussed;
(3) Calling the board office during normal business hours; or
(4) Accessing the information on the board's web site.
(B) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings of the board by requesting in writing that notice be provided and supplying a postal or electronic mail address.
(C) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the board shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of the meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice, by postal or electronic mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting;
(2) Notifying representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Telephone notice shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if, after reasonable effort, the board has been unable to provide telephone notice;
(3) Informing the representative personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(D) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature requiring immediate official action, the board shall notify all media representatives who have requested notice of such meeting of the time, place, and purpose of the meeting by providing notice as described in paragraph (C)(1), (C)(2) or (C)(3) of this rule, or by notifying the statehouse press room. In such event, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given immediately upon completion of the meeting agenda.
(E) For use in complying with the notice requirements of this rule, the board may maintain a mailing list of all persons who have made a prior written request to receive notice of regular or special meetings of the board, its committees, and advisory groups.
(F) The board may charge a reasonable fee not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing, for notices sent by means other than electronic mail according to this rule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/11/2012 and 10/15/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07
Rule Amplifies: 121.22, 4723.06
Prior Effective Dates: 03/01/1966, 01/01/1971, 08/01/1983, 11/06/1987, 04/01/1991, 12/01/1993, 08/08/1994, 02/01/2001, 02/01/2002, 02/1/2008