(A) To become an OBN approver the following shall be submitted to the board:
(1) A completed application using the form required by the board that includes, with respect to the proposed OBN approver:
(a) Demographic data;
(b) An organizational overview and goals related to operating as an OBN approver;
(c) Information regarding material resources and physical facilities ;
(d) A budget plan;
(e) A description of the record-keeping system to be used ;
(f) A description of the proposed evaluation process;
(g) An organizational table showing staff responsibilities ;
(h) A description of the process for approving providers or provider units that includes peer review directed by a registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued by the board, a master's degree and either:
(i) Has a background or education in adult education; or
(ii) Has documented knowledge of the continuing education process;
(2) An attestation that the information provided to the board is true and accurate.
(B) The board may conduct a site visit of the proposed OBN approver to verify the accuracy of the information submitted to the board in the application process.
(C) The board shall notify the proposed OBN approver in writing if additional information is needed. The notice shall specify a time frame for submission of the requested information.
(D) At a regularly scheduled board meeting the board shall review a summary of the completed application submitted by the proposed OBN approver and any other information required by the board to determine compliance with this chapter. After review the board will:
(1) Grant initial approval, and assign an OBN approver number, to the proposed OBN approver for a period of two years;
(2) Deny approval based on the proposed OBN approver's failure to meet requirements contained in this rule as identified by the board ; or
(3) Defer action pending submission by the proposed OBN approver of additional information that addresses the requirements of this rule that were not met as identified by the board.
(E) The board shall provide written notice of its decision to the proposed OBN approver.
A denial of approval shall comply with the requirements of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(F) A proposed OBN approver shall not approve a continuing education activity or provider unit until authorized by the board to do so.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/11/2012 and 10/15/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07, 4723.79
Rule Amplifies: 4723.24
Prior Effective Dates: 04/01/1991, 04/01/1993, 02/01/1996, 04/01/1998, 02/01/2001, 02/01/2003, 02/01/2007