(A) An application for approval of a faculty-directed continuing education intravenous therapy course must demonstrate that the person submitting the continuing education course for approval:
(1) Holds a current, valid Ohio license as a registered nurse;
(2) Possesses a baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing;
(3) Has a minimum of two years experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse; and
(4) Has formal education or practical experience in adult education.
(B) Except as provided in paragraph (C) of this rule, the minimum faculty qualifications for teaching a continuing education course in intravenous therapy for a licensed practical nurse are:
(1) Completion of a board-approved registered nursing education program, or a registered nursing education program approved by another national council of state boards of nursing jurisdiction;
(2) A current, valid Ohio license to practice nursing as a registered nurse; and
(3) A minimum of two years experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse that includes substantial direct clinical experience in intravenous therapy.
(C) A licensed health care professional who is not a registered nurse may teach a portion of the intravenous therapy continuing education course provided:
(1) The licensed health care professional teaches at the direction of a registered nurse instructor; and
(2) The licensed health care professional teaches information that is consistent with the professional's educational preparation and licensed scope of practice.
Replaces: replaces former 4723-17-05
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07
Rule Amplifies: 4723.18
Prior Effective Dates: 04/01/1993, 02/01/2000, 02/01/2005, 02/01/2010