(A) In order to be approved or reapproved as a faculty-directed intravenous therapy continuing educational activity, in addition to the requirements contained in Chapter 4723-14 of the Administrative Code, an applicant for approval, or a provider seeking re-approval, shall have and implement written policies addressing the following:
(1) The level of achievement that a nurse must maintain in order to successfully complete the course in intravenous therapy and to obtain proof of completion of the course;
(2) Periodic evaluation of the nurse's progress in the course by an instructor of the course;
(3) A testing component that measures a nurse's competency related to intravenous therapy;
(4) A process for issuing a certificate of completion to nurses who have successfully completed the approved intravenous therapy course; and
(5) Submission to the board, on a form provided by the board, of documentation of each nurse's completion of the approved intravenous therapy course.
(B) Upon receiving satisfactory documentation that a licensed practical nurse has successfully complete an approved intravenous therapy course, the board shall approve such nurse as authorized to provide intravenous therapy.
(C) When a licensed practical nurse who has been licensed by endorsement in Ohio provides documentation satisfactory to the board of having successfully completed an intravenous therapy course in another state that substantially meets the requirements of this chapter, the board may approve such nurse as authorized to provide intravenous therapy. The board may require, prior to approval, that the nurse successfully complete a continuing education activity that includes course content covering Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code, and the rules of the board related to the role, accountability and responsibility of the licensed practical nurse in intravenous therapy.
Replaces: replaces former 4723-17-07
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/01/2014
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07
Rule Amplifies: 4723.17
Prior Effective Dates: 04/01/1993, 04/01/1994, 02/01/2000, 02/01/2005