(A) The practice intervention and improvement program shall utilize educational providers as defined in paragraph (B) of rule 4723-18-01 of the Administrative Code to provide the remedial educational intervention prescribed for a program participant.
(B) An educational provider that desires to offer a prescribed educational intervention for PIIP shall:
(1) Agree to meet the requirements set forth in paragraph (C) of this rule; and
(2) Agree, as a representative of the board, to maintain the confidentiality of all PIIP records in accordance with section 4723.282 of the Revised Code.
(C) The employer of a licensee or certificate holder determined to be eligible for the practice intervention and improvement program pursuant to rules 4723-18-02 and 4723-18-03 of the Administrative Code may serve as an educational provider if the employer:
(1) Employs or contracts with a registered nurse who holds a master's degree and has at least two years of experience in nursing education or adult education;
(2) Designs and executes a learning plan approved in advance by the board supervising member for disciplinary matters or the supervising member's designee that is tailored to meet the educational intervention prescribed for the PIIP candidate; and
(3) Agrees to maintain confidentiality of PIIP records in accordance with section 4723.282 of the Revised Code.
(D) When an educational provider is selected by a PIIP participant the provider shall:
(1) Maintain the confidentiality of the participant's participation in PIIP and of all records associated with the participant's specific prescribed educational intervention;
(2) Timely review the practice deficiency information provided by the participant that sets forth the specific prescribed educational intervention needed by the participant;
(3) Formulate and provide to the participant a learning plan for the participant that includes:
(a) Measurable objectives the participant must meet to successfully complete the prescribed educational intervention;
(b) The anticipated duration of the prescribed educational intervention; and
(c) The site at which the prescribed educational intervention will take place;
(4) Report to PIIP regarding the participant's progress in remediation at the intervals specified by PIIP;
(5) Notify PIIP in writing within five days of the occurrence of any of the following:
(a) Failure of the participant to satisfactorily progress through the prescribed educational intervention in the manner and during the time frame prescribed by the supervising member, or the participant's expulsion or termination from the intervention; or
(b) Failure of the participant to successfully complete the prescribed educational intervention.
When notification is provided in accordance with this paragraph, the educational provider shall provide to PIIP, within fourteen days after notification, evidence that documents the participant's failure to progress through or complete the prescribed educational intervention;
(6) Provide written verification to PIIP when the participant successfully completes the educational activity; and
(7) Provide a means acceptable to PIIP for the participant to complete the educational intervention if the provider ceases to provide the intervention.
(E) For purposes of providing the prescribed educational intervention directed by the supervising member, an educational provider selected by a PIIP participant shall be considered a representative of the board and, in accordance with section 4723.021 of the Revised Code, shall not be held liable in damages to any person as the result of any act, omission, proceeding, conduct, or decision related to official duties undertaken or performed pursuant to this chapter.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/01/2012
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07, 4723.282
Rule Amplifies: 4723.282
Prior Effective Dates: 02/01/2001, 02/01/2002, 02/01/2007, 02/01/2009