(A) For purposes of Chapters 4723-1 to 4723-27 of the Administrative Code, and except as otherwise provided, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Active duty service member" means any member of the armed forces of the United States performing active duty under title 10 of the United States Code.
(2) "Armed forces" means the armed forces of the United States, including the army, navy, air force, marine corps, coast guard, or any reserve components of those forces; the national guard of any state; the commissioned corps of the United States public health service; the merchant marine service during wartime; such other service as may be designated by congress; or the Ohio organized militia when engaged in full-time national guard duty for a period of more than thirty days.
(3) "Applicant" means an individual who applies to the board for a license, temporary permit, or certificate, or renewal, reinstatement or reactivation of a license or certificate, to practice as:
(a) A registered nurse or licensed practical nurse;
(b) A dialysis technician intern;
(c) A certified dialysis technician;
(d) A medication aide;
(e) A community health worker;
(g) An advanced practice registered nurse with prescriptive authority.
(4) "Service member" means any person who is serving in the armed forces.
(5) "Merchant marine" includes the United States army transport service and the United States naval transport service.
(6) "Veteran" means any person who has completed service in the armed forces, including the national guard of any state, or a reserve component of the armed forces, who has been discharged under honorable conditions from the armed forces or who has been transferred to the reserve with evidence of satisfactory service.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4723-2-01