For purposes of this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(A) "Nurse education program" means a prelicensure nurse education program approved by the board of nursing under section 4723.06 of the Revised Code, or a postlicensure nurse education program approved by the board of regents under section 3333.04 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Health care facility" means:
(3) A county home or a county nursing home as defined in section 5155.31 of the Revised Code that is certified under Title XVIII of the "Social Security Act," 49 Stat. 620 (1935), 42 U.S.C. 301, amended;
(4) A freestanding dialysis center;
(5) A freestanding inpatient rehabilitation facility;
(6) An ambulatory surgical facility;
(7) A freestanding cardiac catheterization facility;
(8) A freestanding birthing center;
(9) A freestanding or mobile diagnostic imaging center;
(10) A freestanding radiation therapy center.
(C) "Partnership" means a written agreement between a nurse education program and one or more health care facilities, community health agencies, patient centered medical homes or other education programs, that is signed by the legal signatory for each party and that shows how the partnership will increase the enrollment capacity of the nurse education program or programs.
(D) "Community health agency" means any program or agency that provides or contracts to provide health care services and is not a health care facility as defined in paragraph (B) of this rule.
(E) "Board" means the Ohio board of nursing.
(G) "Faculty and instructional personnel" means:
(2) For postlicensure nursing education programs, persons who satisfy standards established by the credentialing organization that accredits the program in accordance with paragraph (H) of this rule.
(H) "Education program" means a program approved or accredited by any of the following:
(5) The higher learning commission of the north central association of colleges and schools;
(6) The accrediting council for independent colleges and schools; or
(7) Any other national or regional post-secondary education accreditation entity recognized by the board.
(I) "Grantee" means a nurse education program to which the board has awarded a grant from the nurse education grant program.
(K) "Patient centered medical home" is an advanced model of primary care in which care teams attend to the multifaceted needs of patients, providing whole person comprehensive and coordinated patient centered care.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/15/2014 and 10/15/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.063
Rule Amplifies: 4723.063
Prior Effective Dates: 02/01/2005, 02/01/2010, 02/01/2014