(A) Grant awards shall be made at the sole discretion of the board in accordance with the provisions of section 4723.063 of the Revised Code and the rules contained in this chapter.
(B) Preference in the award of grants shall be given to partnerships between nurse education programs and the following:
(1) Hospitals registered under section 3701.07 of the Revised Code;
(3) County homes or county nursing homes as defined in section 5155.31 of the Revised Code that are certified under Title XVIII or XIX of the "Social Security Act, " 49 Stat. 620 (1935), 42 U.S.C. 301 , amended;
(4) Community health agencies as defined in paragraph (D) of rule 4723-25-02 of the Administrative Code;
(5) Education programs as defined in paragraph (H) of rule 4723-25-02 of the Administrative Code ;
(6) Patient centered medical homes as defined in paragraph (K) of rule 4723-25-02 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Preference in the award of grants may be given to those programs seeking grant renewal that have demonstrated success in meeting the nurse education grant program goal of increasing the enrollment capacity of the applicant nurse education program.
(D) Preference in the award of grants may be given to programs that have a pass rate on the applicable nurse licensure examination that averages ninety-five per cent or higher of the national average for first time candidates in any given year for three consecutive years prior to submission of the grant proposal.
(E) Preference in the award of grants may be given to postlicensure nursing education programs that have demonstrated success in training and preparing graduate level nurses to serve as nurse educators in Ohio nurse education programs.