(A) The board shall provide a renewal application, located at http://www.nursing.ohio.gov/forms.htm (revised January 2013), to every holder of a current, valid certificate, except when the board is aware that the individual may be ineligible for certificate renewal for any reason, including those reasons set forth in section 4723.092 of the Revised Code. Failure of the certificate holder to receive an application for renewal from the board does not excuse the certificate holder from the requirements of section 4723.85 of the Revised Code and this chapter.
(B) To renew a certificate to practice as a community health worker a holder of a current, valid certificate shall:
(2) Submit a renewal fee of thirty-five dollars; and
(C) If a completed renewal application is not postmarked, renewed on-line, or otherwise received by the board on or before March first of each odd numbered year, the application shall be considered late and a late fee of fifty dollars shall be imposed in addition to the thirty-five dollar renewal fee.
(D) A certificate holder may request that his or her certificate be placed on inactive status:
(1) At the time of renewal, by checking the appropriate box on the renewal application that indicates the certificate holder wants to place the certificate on inactive status; or
(2) At any time, by submitting to the board a written statement requesting that the certificate be placed on inactive status.
(E) The board may reactivate an inactive certificate if an individual submits to the board all of the following:
(1) Written notice requesting reactivation of the inactive certificate on the form required by the board;
(2) A reactivation fee in the amount of thirty-five dollars; and
(3) Documentation satisfactory to the board of having completed the continuing education requirements for renewal of a community health worker certificate as provided in rule 4723-26-05 of the Administrative Code.
(F) A certificate holder who has placed a community health worker certificate on inactive status is not required to pay a renewal fee unless the holder seeks to reactivate the certificate. If the certificate holder placed a certificate on inactive status after March second of the year in which the certificate was to be renewed, and notifies the board on or before March thirty-first of the same renewal year of the intent to reactivate, the certificate holder must still pay the late processing fee required by paragraph (C) of this rule.
(G) If a certificate to practice as a community health worker is not renewed by March thirty-first of each odd numbered year and the certificate holder has failed by that time to request that the certificate be placed on inactive status, the certificate will lapse.
(H) The board may reinstate a lapsed certificate to practice as a community health worker if the individual submits to the board all of the following:
(2) Payment of the thirty-five dollar renewal fee plus a lapsed fee of one hundred dollars; and
(I) When a community health worker certificate is inactive or lapsed, the individual shall not represent or imply to the public that he or she is certified by the board as a community health worker.
(J) An individual who continues to represent to the public that he or she is a certified community health worker during the time that his or her certificate is inactive or lapsed, may be subject to disciplinary action by the board in accordance with rule 4723-26-11 of the Administrative Code.
(K) A community health worker certificate holder who is a service member or veteran, as defined in rule 4723-2-01 of the Administrative Code, or who is the spouse or surviving spouse of a service member or veteran, may be eligible for a waiver of the late application fee and the reinstatement fee according to rule 4723-2-03 of the Administrative Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 10/15/2014 and 02/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.88
Rule Amplifies: 4723.85
Prior Effective Dates: 02/01/2005, 02/01/2010, 02/01/2014