(A) A certified nurse-midwife, certified nurse practitioner, certified registered nurse anesthetist, or clinical nurse specialist shall do all of the following:
(1) Function within the scope of practice of nursing for a registered nurse as set forth in division (B) of section 4723.01 of the Revised Code and the rules of the board.
(2) Function within the nurse's applicable scope of practice as set forth in section 4723.43 of the Revised Code and the rules of the board.
(3) Practice according to section 4723.481 of the Revised Code and Chapter 4723-9 of the Administrative Code if the individual holds a certificate to prescribe.
(B) When the practice of a certified nurse-midwife, certified nurse practitioner, or clinical nurse specialist is evaluated, the evaluation shall be provided by a collaborating licensed physician or podiatrist, or a nurse holding a current, valid certificate of authority that is the same as the individual being evaluated.
(C) When the practice of a certified registered nurse anesthetist is evaluated, the evaluation shall be provided by a supervising licensed physician, podiatrist, dentist or a certified registered nurse anesthetist whose certificate iscurrent and valid .
(D) A certified nurse-midwife, certified nurse practitioner, certified registered nurse anesthetist, or clinical nurse specialist may provide care within their specialty provided:
(1) The nurse obtains education that emanates from a recognized body of knowledge relative to the nursing care to be provided;
(2) The nurse demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to provide the nursing care; and
(3) The nurse maintains documentation satisfactory to the board of meeting the requirements set forth in paragraphs (D)(1) and (D)(2) of this rule.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/17/2013 and 10/15/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07
Rule Amplifies: 4723.28(B)(19), (27), (28) , 4723.43
Prior Effective Dates: 12/01/1995, 04/01/1997, 04/01/1999, 02/01/2002, 02/01/2003, 02/01/2004, 02/01/2009