(A) The administrator of the program shall complete the closure process set forth in this rule when the program will:
(1) No longer be admitting nursing students; or
(2) Be changing to a different type of program whose graduates will continue to take the same licensure examination.
(B) When the decision to close a program has been made, the administrator of the program shall inform the board in writing of the decision, the tentative date of closing, and the plan for the closure of the program, which shall be accomplished either by:
(1) The transfer of nursing students to another approved program; or
(2) The discontinuation of further student admissions into the program with the official closing on the date the last student completes the program.
(C) Each of the minimum requirements set forth in this chapter shall be met and maintained until the last nursing student is transferred or completes the program.
(D) The administrator of the program shall:
(1) Submit in writing to the board the final date of closure after the last nursing student has completed the program requirements and is eligible to receive a diploma, certificate or degree, or has been transferred to another program, or the student's enrollment has otherwise been terminated;
(2) Submit in writing to the board the location of the program's records and the name and address of the custodian of the records; and
(3) Affix a label to the records indicating that if the records are relocated, or the custodian of the records changes, the board shall be notified in writing.
(E) When the program closes, the controlling agency shall be responsible for providing for the safekeeping of the program records. If any change from the original location of program records is necessitated, the controlling agency shall notify the board in writing of any change of location.