(A) Admission and ongoing monitoring shall be conducted in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of the individual.
(B) According to division (F)(3) of section 4723.35 of the Revised Code, all records regarding an individual's application to or participation in the program are confidential and are not public records. The records include, but are not limited to:
(1) Medical records;
(2) Substance use disorder records;
(3) Mental health records;
(4) Treatment records;
(5) Reports required by the participant's agreement;
(6) Waivers and releases required by the participant's agreement;
(7) Alcohol and drug screen results;
(8) Verification of attendance at support, peer group or twelve-step meetings; and
(9) Internal program documentation concerning participants in the program, including program assessments and recommendations;
(10) Applications submitted to the program, records related to review of program eligibility, and participant agreements.
(D) All program records shall be maintained in a secure storage area for a period of two years following the participant's date of successful completion of the program, or for a period of two years following a determination that an applicant is not eligible for participation.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/17/2013 and 10/15/2018
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07, 4723.35
Rule Amplifies: 4723.35
Prior Effective Dates: 04/01/1997, 04/01/1999, 02/01/2001, 02/01/2009