(A) Admission and ongoing monitoring shall be conducted in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of the individual.
(B) In accordance with division (E)(3) of section 4723.35 of the Revised Code, all records regarding an individual participating in the program are confidential. The records include, but are not limited to:
(1) Medical records;
(2) Chemical dependency records;
(3) Mental health records;
(4) Treatment records;
(5) Reports required by the participant's agreement;
(6) Waivers and releases required by the participant's agreement;
(7) Alcohol and drug screen results;
(8) Verification of attendance at support, peer group or twelve-step meetings; and
(9) Internal program documentation concerning participants in the program, including program assessments and recommendations.
(C) In accordance with division (E)(4) of section 4723.35 of the Revised Code, a participant may authorize in writing the release of information regarding his or her progress in the program.
(D) All program records shall be maintained in a secure storage area.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/16/2008 and 10/01/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4723.07, 4723.35
Rule Amplifies: 4723.35
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/1997, 4/1/1999, 2/1/2001, 2/1/2003