(A) Prior to the adoption of any rule subject to the requirements of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, the state board of optometry, shall give public notice of its intention to consider adoption, amendment or rescission of a rule at least thirty days prior to the date set for the public hearing. Notice shall be given by advertising in register of Ohio. The notice shall include:
(1) A statement of the board's intention to consider adoption, amendment or rescission of a rule;
(2) A synopsis of the proposed rule, amendment, or rescission, or a general statement of the subject matter to which the proposed rule, amendment or rescission relates; and,
(3) The date, time and place set for the public hearing on the proposed action.
(B) Notice of the board's intention to consider adoption, amendment or rescission of a rule will be sent by mail or by electronic means to each holder of a certificate of licensure to practice optometry, opticianry, or ocularistry, and stakeholders, who requests such information at no cost to the licensee prior to the date set for the public hearing.
(C) Notice of the board's intention to consider adoption, amendment or rescission of a rule shall be given prior to the date set for the public hearing to any person or entity who requests it and who supplies the board with stamped, preaddressed envelopes.
(D) A notice of each regular and special meeting of the Ohio vision professionals board shall be filed forthwith by the executive director to the board, stating the time, place and purpose of each special meeting of the board. All meetings, committee meetings and sub-committee meetings of the Ohio vision professionals board shall be held in compliance with section 121.22 of the Revised Code (open meetings).
(E) Any person may obtain reasonable advance written email notification of all meetings of the board at which any specific type of public business is to be discussed or may request to be placed upon a general subscription electronic mailing list. Any person may receive information concerning the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Sending a written request to the board at its business address, email address or by fax;
(2) Calling the board at its business office during normal business hours;
(3) Consulting the posting on the board's website; or,
(4) Submitting press releases to the media.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 6/13/2019 and 08/30/2024
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4725.09
Rule Amplifies: 119.03
Prior Effective Dates: 01/01/1965, 06/27/1983, 06/01/1999, 10/20/2003, 05/01/2014