(A) Any person may receive information concerning the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place and purpose of all special meetings by:
(1) Sending a written request to the board at its business address, email address or by fax;
(2) Calling the board at its business office during normal business hours;
(3) Consulting the posting on the board's web site; or,
(4) Checking the press room at the statehouse.
(B) Any representative of the news media may obtain notice of all special meetings by requesting in writing that such notice be provided and by supplying a postal or electronic address for receipt of the information.
(C) In the event of a special meeting not of an emergency nature, the board shall notify all media who have requested notice of the meeting by doing at least one of the following:
(1) Sending written notice by postal or electronic mail no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting;
(2) Notifying such representatives by telephone no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting. Such telephone messages shall be complete if a message has been left for the representative, or if after reasonable effort, the board has been unable to provide such telephone notice; or,
(3) Informing such representatives personally no later than twenty-four hours prior to the special meeting.
(D) In the event of a special meeting of an emergency nature requiring immediate official action, the board shall notify all media representatives on the list of such meetings by providing either the notice described in paragraph (A)(2) or (A)(3) of this rule. In such event, however, the notice need not be given twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, but shall be given upon completion of the agenda.
(E) For use in complying with the notice requirements of this rule, the board may maintain a mailing list of all persons who have made a prior written request to receive notice of regular or special meetings of the board and its committees.
(F) The board may assess a reasonable fee not to exceed the cost of copying and mailing for notices sent by means other than electronic mail in accordance with the provisions of this rule.
Replaces: 4726-3-04, 4726-3-05
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/29/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4725.44 ORC
Rule Amplifies: 4725.44 ORC
Prior Effective Dates: 11/29/79, 8/4/94(Emer.), 10/14/94