(A) The purpose of this chapter is to establish:
(1) Minimal acceptable standards of safe and effective opticianry practice in any setting; and,
(2) Minimal acceptable standards of safe and effective ocularistry practice in any setting.
(B) For purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(3) "Patient" means any recipient of optical or ocularistry care provided by a licensed dispensing optician, licensed ocularist. apprentice optician or apprentice ocularist.
(4) "Apprentice" "registered apprentice" means a person registered with the board to engage in a learning experience under the direct supervision of the registered supervisor.
(5) "Prescription" means the written or verbal directions or instructions as specified by a physician or optometrist licensed by any state for preparing an optical aid for a patient.
(6) "Registered supervisor" means the licensed dispensing optician or ocularist registered with the board as the supervising licensed optician or the supervising ocularist, as appropriate, for the registered apprentice optician or the registered apprentice ocularist.