(A) Applications for approval of continuing education not currently approved by a nationally recognized agency for credentialing of continuing education such as American board of opticianry, national contact lens examiners, national examining board of ocularists shall be submitted on a form as designated by the board not less than sixty days prior to the date of the proposed program. The application shall include, but is not limited to:
(1) Sponsor name and sponsor contact information;
(2) Registration information;
(3) Speaker credentials indicating that the speaker or presenter possesses requisite qualifications and expertise in the area of instruction;
(4) Course start and end times;
(5) Summary of the types of hours requested;
(6) Presentation format and course outline;
(7) A copy of the proof of completion certificate which includes the following information:
(a) Space for the printed name and signature of the licensee and license number;
(b) Title and date of the program;
(c) Name of the provider; and,
(d) The number and type of hours earned.
(B) All continuing education shall relate to the practice of opticianry or ocularistry as applicable and in accordance with rules of this chapter.
(C) Continuing education related to practice management, office procedures, social legislation and any other courses not directly relating to optical dispensing or ocularistry may be considered for management credit.
(D) Programs shall be made available to any Ohio licensed dispensing optician or licensed ocularist.
(E) Credit shall be awarded on the basis of an academic hour. To receive an hour credit one must attend one full academic hour. No fractional hour shall be awarded.