(A) The president will appoint a board member, during the first meeting of each new fiscal year, to be responsible for each of the following board matters:
(1) Citation review and issuance;
(3) Continuing education, examination, internship and licensure;
(4) Legislation and external affairs;
(5) Ohio automated Rx reporting system (OARRS);
(6) Physician assistant policy committee, if applicable;
(7) Probation committee; and
(8) Rules review committee.
(B) The board may appoint advisory committees to assist in obtaining information that would enable the board to carry out its responsibilities. An appointment to an advisory committee shall be valid for a period of no longer than one year, unless otherwise approved by the board. In selecting members of an advisory committee, the board will try to select,to the extent practicable , individuals or representatives who may be affected by or be a part of the subject matter being considered. Individuals and groups will be encouraged to submit the names of nominees from which the board may appoint committee members. Such committees shall meet a sufficient number of times to properly perform their functions and report their findings and recommendations to the board.
(C) All employees of the board will comply with all requirements of the Revised Code and all rules and policies adopted by any of the following:
(1) The board;
(2) The executive director; and
(3) A state agency with the authority to adopt and enforce rules and policies applicable to other state agencies and their employees.
(D) All employees of the board are prohibited from soliciting or accepting any gifts of any kind or monetary gratuities from any licensee, agent or employee of a licensee that will in any way compromise or appear to compromise an employee's performance as an employee of the board.
(E) Employees may be authorized to work remotely at the discretion of the executive director if such work is documented, in accordance with policies adopted by the executive director, as to date, time and place of work.
(F) Expense report and payroll forms of the executive director will be approved and signed by the president or the president's designee, as authorized in writing .
(G) The board specifically authorizes the following professional memberships:
(1) Agency membership in the "National Association of Boards of Pharmacy" and the "National Association of State Controlled Substance Authorities ";
(2) Executive director membership in the appropriate organizations as approved by the board;
(3) Compliance and enforcement staff membership in the "American Society of Health-system Pharmacists " and "American Pharmacists Association," upon approval of the executive director;
(4) Compliance and enforcement staff membership in the "Narcotics Association of Regional Coordinating Officers of Ohio," the "National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators," and the "Ohio Task Force Commanders Association," upon approval of the executive director.
(5) No employee will hold office or serve as a voting member on committees of any professional organizations without prior approval of the executive director.
(6) This specific authorization shall not serve as a limitation to memberships. Other professional memberships may be approved by the executive director.
(H) The board authorizes the executive director to:
(1) Sign any forms, contracts or documents necessary for the administration of the board;
(2) Certify as true and complete any record needed in connection with court proceedings or otherwise;
(3) Expend such board funds as are budgeted and appropriated for agency support;
(4) Issue such opinions or interpretations of board policies, rules or laws as are required in the interest of the public or profession ;
(5) Delegate such administrative responsibility and authority as will contribute to the efficient management of the state board of pharmacy;
(6) Apply for funding opportunities to further the mission of the board.
(I) The executive director or the director's designee may issue the following routine authorizations, licenses, and registrations authorized under Chapters 4729. and 3796. of the Revised Code without prior consultation or approval of the board:
(1) Permission to take an examination to determine a licensure candidate's fitness to practice pharmacy;
(2) All licenses and registrations authorized under Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code;
(3) Documentation necessary to obtain or renew a license or registration issued under Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code;
(4) Renewal of certificates of operation for medical marijuana dispensaries under division 3796:6 of the Administrative Code; and
(5) Patient and caregiver registrations under division 3796:7 of the Administrative
(6) All other activities specifically delegated to the executive director under Chapters 4729. and 3796. of the Revised Code and agency 4729 and agency 3796 of the Administrative Code.
(1) As used in section 9.78 of the Revised Code, "individual" means a natural person seeking any of the following issued by the board in accordance with Chapter 4729. of the Revised Code and Chapter 3796:6-2 of the Administrative Code:
(a) Licensure as a pharmacist or pharmacy intern;
(b) Registration as a certified pharmacy technician, registered pharmacy technician or pharmacy technician trainee; and
(c) Licensure as a medical marijuana dispensary associated key employee, dispensary key employee or dispensary support employee.
(2) The executive director shall be granted the authority to issue a determination as to whether an individual's criminal conviction disqualifies the individual from obtaining a license or registration issued by the board.
(3) Pursuant to section 9.78 of the Revised Code, the board is not bound by a determination made under this paragraph, if, on further investigation, the board determines that the individual's criminal convictions differ from the information presented in the determination request.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 4/10/2020
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4729.05
Rule Amplifies: 3719.02, 3719.021, 4729.04, 4729.06, 4729.07, 4729.09, 4729.11, 4729.52, 4729.54, 4729.59, 3796.02
Prior Effective Dates: 04/30/1982, 01/01/2001, 04/10/2015, 10/07/2016