(A) The president will appoint a board member, during the first meeting of each new fiscal year, to be responsible for each of the following board matters:
(1) Citation review and issuance;
(3) Continuing education, examination, internship and licensure;
(4) Legislation and external affairs;
(5) Ohio Automated Rx Reporting System (OARRS);
(6) Probation; and
(7) Rules Review Committee;
(B) All employees of the board will comply with all requirements of the Revised Code and all rules and policies adopted by any of the following:
(1) the board;
(2) the executive director; and
(3) a state agency with the authority to adopt and enforce rules and policies applicable to other state agencies and their employees.
(C) All employees of the board are prohibited from soliciting or accepting any gifts of any kind or monetary gratuities from any licensee, agent or employee of a licensee that will in any way compromise or appear to compromise his or her performance as an employee of the board.
(D) Employees may be authorized to work remotely at the discretion of the executive director if such work is documented, in accordance with policies adopted by the executive director, as to date, time and place of work.
(E) Expense report and payroll forms of the executive director will be approved and signed by the president or designee authorized in writing for payment.
(F) The board specifically authorizes the following professional memberships:
(1) Agency membership in the "National Association of Boards of Pharmacy" and the "National Association of State Controlled Substance Authorities (N.A.S.C.S.A.)";
(2) Executive director membership in the appropriate organizations as approved by the board;
(3) Compliance specialists membership in the "American Society of Health-system Pharmacists (A.S.H.P.)" and "American Pharmacists Association (A.Ph.A.)", upon approval of the executive director;
(4) Compliance and enforcement staff membership in the "Narcotics Association of Regional Coordinating Officers of Ohio (N.A.R.C.O.)", the "National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (N.A.D.D.I.)" and the "Ohio Task Force Commanders Association" (O.T.F.C.A), upon approval of the executive director.
(5) No employee will hold office or serve as a voting member on committees of these organizations without prior approval of the board.
(6) This specific authorization shall not serve as a limitation to memberships. Other professional memberships may be approved by the executive director.
(G) The board authorizes the executive director to:
(1) Sign any forms or documents necessary to the administration of the board;
(2) Certify as true and complete any record needed in connection with court proceedings or otherwise;
(3) Expend such board funds as are budgeted and appropriated for agency support;
(4) Issue such opinions or interpretations of board policies, rules or laws as are required in the interest of the public or profession. If the opinions or interpretations presented have not been previously considered by the board, such decisions are to be submitted and approved at the next board meeting ;
(5) Delegate such administrative responsibility and authority as will contribute to the efficient management of the state board of pharmacy.
(H) The executive director will issue the following routine authorizations, licenses, and registrations, as qualify under the provisions of the Revised Code and the Administrative Code, without prior consultation or approval of the board:
(1) Permission to take an examination to determine a licensure candidate's fitness to practice pharmacy;
(2) Pharmacist licenses;
(3) Terminal dangerous drug distributor licenses;
(4) Wholesale dangerous drug distributor licenses;
(5) Controlled substance wholesaler and manufacturer licenses;
(I) The board authorizes the licensing administrator/director of internship to issue the following routine approvals and licenses, as qualify under the provisions of the Revised Code and Administrative Code, without prior consultation or approval by the board:
(1) Pharmacy intern certificates and identification cards;
(3) Documents necessary to obtain or renew a license as a terminal or wholesale distributor of dangerous drugs.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/12/2014 and 04/10/2020
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4729.05
Rule Amplifies: 3719.02, 3719.021, 4729.04, 4729.06, 4729.07, 4729.07, 4729.09, 4729.11, 4729.52, 4729.54, 4729.59
Prior Effective Dates: 4/30/1982, 1/1/2001