(A) Every person desiring to register as a pharmacy intern for the purpose of obtaining the practical experience required for examination and registration as a pharmacist shall submit the following to the state board of pharmacy:
(1) A completed application form as provided by the board;
(2) A head and shoulders photograph taken within the previous six months;
(4) An original transcript certifying that the applicant has in fact successfully completed a minimum of sixty semester or ninety quarter hours of college work; and
(5) A certificate of enrollment from a school of pharmacy certifying that the person is enrolled in a school of pharmacy and has begun taking professional classes directly related to the practice of pharmacy; or
(6) All items listed in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(3) of this rule and:
(a) Certification of having obtained a first professional degree in pharmacy from a program that has been recognized and approved by the state board of pharmacy; or
(b) Certification of having established educational equivalency by obtaining a "Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission (FPGEC)" certificate, and evidence of successful completion of the "Test of Spoken English as a Foreign Language, Internet-based test" (TOEFL iBT) pursuant to rule 4729-5-34 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The state board of pharmacy may register an applicant as a pharmacy intern as soon as the state board of pharmacy receives all the required items set forth in paragraphs (A)(1) to (A)(5) or paragraph (A)(6) of this rule.
(C) The state board of pharmacy may, pursuant to rule 4729-5-04 of the Administrative Code, deny the issuance of a certificate of registration or an identification card to practice as a pharmacy intern.
119.032 review dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4729.26
Rule Amplifies: 4729.08, 4729.11, 4729.12
Prior Effective Dates: 9/10/76, 8/1/84, 9/1/85, 7/1/91, 7/1/92, 7/1/94, 1/17/97, 2/1/02, 2/1/03, 2/1/05, 4/27/07, 1/1/11