(A) A wholesale or terminal distributor of dangerous drugs who plans to discontinue business activities shall file a written notice with the board of pharmacy. The written notice shall be submitted to the board of pharmacy in person, by verified facsimile, or by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, at least fourteen days in advance of the proposed date of discontinuing business, unless the board waives this time limitation in individual instances. This notice shall include the following information:
(1) The name, address, and wholesale or terminal distributor of dangerous drugs number of the registrant discontinuing business.
(2) The name, address, and wholesale or terminal distributor of dangerous drugs number to whom the dangerous drugs will be transferred.
(3) The name and address of the secured location where the records of purchase and dispensing will be kept in accordance with section 4729.37 of the Revised Code. The storage of dispensing records must comply with the confidentiality requirements of rule 4729-5-29 of the Administrative Code.
(4) The proposed date of discontinuing business.
(B) Unless the registrant is informed by the executive director before the proposed date of discontinuing business that the transfer of dangerous drugs and records may not occur, the registrant discontinuing business may transfer the dangerous drugs and records in accordance with the following:
(1) On the date of discontinuing business, a complete inventory of all controlled substances being transferred, or disposed of according to rule 4729-9-06 of the Administrative Code, shall be made. The inventory shall list the name, strength, dosage form, and quantity of all controlled substances transferred or disposed of.
(2) This inventory shall serve as the final inventory of the registrant discontinuing business and the initial inventory of the registrant to whom the controlled substances are being transferred. A copy of the inventory shall be included in the records of each registrant involved in the transfer.
(C) Upon discontinuing business, the registrant shall return to the board of pharmacy, in person or by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, the wholesale distributor of dangerous drugs license or the terminal distributor of dangerous drugs license for cancellation.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/30/2010 and 12/01/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3719.28 , 4729.26
Rule Amplifies: 4729.62
Prior Effective Dates: 9/10/76, 7/1/92, 1/1/01