(A) An applicant seeking licensure as a pharmacist by reciprocity shall comply with all the following:
(1) Be at least eighteen years of age.
(2) Be of good moral character and habits.
(3) Obtain a degree in pharmacy from a school of pharmacy approved by the state board of pharmacy.
(4) Have met the applicable practical experience requirements by either:
(a) Successfully graduating after December 31, 2006 with a doctor of pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.) from a school of pharmacy approved by the state board of pharmacy; or
(b) Obtaining a total of at least one thousand seven hundred and forty hours of documented supervised practical experience in Ohio or any other state or jurisdiction in which the credentials are at least the equivalent of those required by this state at the time the experience was obtained. If the reciprocating state or jurisdiction requires less than the required hours, the board may grant internship credit for practice as a pharmacist.
(5) Hold an active license or registration to practice pharmacy, which is in good standing, in a state or jurisdiction in which the credentials are at least the equivalent of those required by this state. Certification of these credentials shall be filed on forms provided by the national association of boards of pharmacy (NABP) or similar forms recognized and approved by the board.
(B) An applicant who has met the requirements of the state or jurisdiction with which the applicant holds a certificate of good standing pursuant to a "Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission (FPGEC)" certificate shall be required to establish proficiency in spoken English by providing evidence of the successful completion of the "Test of English as a Foreign Language, Internet-based test" (TOEFL iBT) pursuant to rule 4729:1-2-04 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Candidates who qualify for licensure by reciprocity shall personally appear before the full board within six months of the date that the application is filed with the board. Candidates who do not appear before the board within the six-month period must file a new application and fee for licensure by reciprocity, as the original application shall be deemed abandoned.
(D) Pursuant to section 4729.071 of the Revised Code, a candidate must submit electronic or ink fingerprint impressions for a criminal records check prior to receiving an initial license to practice as a pharmacist. A reciprocity candidate must submit fingerprint impressions no later than twelve months after the date the board receives the application materials. After twelve months, a candidate must submit a new application, the required fee, fingerprint impressions, and again personally appear before the board as described in this paragraph (C) of this rule.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4729:1-2-02
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/15/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4729.26, 4776.03
Rule Amplifies: 4729.071, 4729.09, 4776.01, 4776.02, 4776.04
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/84, 9/1/05, 4/1/89, 1/1/11