As used in Chapter 4729:3-5 of the Administrative Code.
(A) "A.C.P.E." means the accreditation council for pharmacy education.
(B) "Continuing education unit" or "C.E.U." means ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing pharmacy education experience presented by an approved provider.
(C) "Continuing pharmacy education" or "continuing education", as required in section 4729.12 of the Revised Code, means post-registration pharmacy education undertaken to maintain professional competency to practice as a pharmacy technician, improve professional skills, and preserve uniform qualifications for continuing the practice of the profession for the purpose of protecting public health and welfare. Continuing pharmacy education may be obtained from any of the following providers:
(1) A pharmacy jurisprudence program pursuant to paragraph (D) of this rule;
(2) An approved in-state provider of volunteer healthcare services in accordance with section 4745.04 of the Revised Code and agency 4729 of the Administrative Code;
(3) An A.C.P.E. accredited continuing education provider.
(D) "One-third of a licensee's continuing education requirement" as used in division (C) of section 4745.04 of the Revised Code and paragraph (C) of rule 4729:3-5-02 of the Administrative Code, means the total number of required C.E.U.s for licensure renewal divided by three and rounded down to the nearest whole number.
(E) "Pharmacy jurisprudence" means continuing education the includes any of the following:
(1) An A.C.P.E. law program as identified by A.C.P.E numbering convention "03";
(2) A board of pharmacy approved continuing education program provided by an in-state approved jurisprudence provider pursuant to agency 4729 of the Administrative Code that pertains to current or recent changes to laws, rules, and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy; or
(3) A program presented by the state board of pharmacy that pertains to current or recent changes to laws, rules, and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy.
(F) "Patient or medication safety" means an A.C.P.E. continuing education program identified by the A.C.P.E. numbering convention "05" that deals with the prevention of healthcare errors and the elimination or mitigation of patient injury caused by healthcare errors.
(G) "Veteran" means anyone who is serving or has served under honorable conditions in any component of the armed forces, including the national guard and reserve.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/20/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4729.94, 4729.26
Rule Amplifies: 4729.90, 4729.901, 4729.91, 4729.92, 4729.921, 4729.93, 4729.94, 4729.95, 4729.96