(A) For purposes of agency-level 4730 of the Administrative Code:
(1) "Direct supervision" means that the supervising physician is physically present in the same room as the physician assistant, with the physician assistant in the actual sight of the supervising physician, when the physician assistant is performing the medical function, task, or service requiring direct supervision.
(2) "On-site supervision" means the supervising physician is required to be physically present in the same location as the physician assistant, but does not require the supervising physician's physical presence in the same room.
(3) "Off-site supervision" means the supervising physician must be continually available for direct communication with the physician assistant by such means as telephone or other real-time electronic, active communication, and must be in a location that under normal conditions is not more than sixty minutes travel time from the physician assistant's practice location.
(4) "Health care facility" means either of the following:
(5) "Office-based practice" means medical practice in a location other than a health care facility.
(6) "Service" means a medical function, task, or activity which requires training in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, including the use and administration of drugs.
(7) "Board" means the state medical board of Ohio.
(8) "Local anesthesia" means the injection of a drug or combination of drugs to stop or prevent a painful sensation in a circumscribed area of the body where a painful procedure is to be performed, and is limited to local infiltration anesthesia, digital blocks, and pudendal blocks. Local anesthesia does not include regional anesthesia or any systemic sedation.
(9) "Medical order" means one or more diagnostic or treatment directives generated by a physician or physician assistant that commands the execution of specific activities to be performed or delivered as part of a diagnostic or therapeutic regimen of a patient.
(10) "CME" means continuing medical education.
(11) "Licensure registration period" means the period between granting of the initial or renewed certificate to practice and the next scheduled renewal date for the certificate to practice.
(12) "Special services plan" means the portion of a supervisory plan that lists services not specified in division (A) of section 4730.09 of the Revised Code, that is either submitted for board approval as a portion of a supervisory plan or as an addendum to a supervisory plan that was previously approved.
(B) For purposes of Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code:
(1) "Setting in which the supervising physician routinely practices" means a practice environment in which the supervising physician ordinarily provides medical services.
(2) "Routine diagnostic procedure" means a diagnostic or therapeutic evaluation that is commonly performed, as indicated, within the scope of practice of the supervising physician.