(A) All applicants for a certificate to practice as a physician assistant shall file a written application under oath on the forms prescribed by the board, and provide such other facts and materials as the board requires.
(B) No application shall be considered filed, and shall not be reviewed, until the fee required by section 4730.10 of the Revised Code has been received by the board.
(C) An application shall be considered complete when all of the following requirements are met:
(1) The fee required pursuant to section 4730.10 of the Revised Code has been received by the board;
(2) Verification of the applicant's current certification has been received by the board directly from the "National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants";
(3) All information required by section 4730.10 of the Revised Code, including such other facts and materials as the board requires, has been received by the board; and
(4) The applicant has complied with the requirements of paragraph (A) of rule 4730-3-02 of the Administrative Code and the board has received the results of the criminal records checks and any other forms required to be submitted pursuant to paragraph (A) of rule 4730-3-02 of the Administrative Code.
(5) The board is not conducting an investigation, pursuant to section 4730.26 of the Revised Code, of evidence appearing to show that the applicant has violated section 4730.25 of the Revised Code or applicable rules adopted by the board.
(D) All application materials submitted to the board will be thoroughly investigated. The board will contact individuals, agencies, or organizations for information about applicants as the board deems necessary. As part of the application process, an applicant may be requested to appear before the board or a representative thereof to answer questions or provide additional information.
(E) Any applicant to whom the board proposes to deny certificate issuance pursuant to Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code or because of failure to meet any of the requirements of the rules of the board shall be entitled to a hearing on the issue of such proposed denial. Notice and hearing requirements incident to such proposed denial will be in compliance with the provisions of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code and any rules adopted by the board.
(F) No application for a certificate to practice as a physician assistant may be withdrawn without the approval of the board.
(G) The following processes apply when an application is not complete within six months of the date the application is filed with the board:
(1) If the application is not complete because required information, facts, or other materials have not been received by the board, the board may notify the applicant by certified mail that it intends to consider the application abandoned if the application is not completed.
(a) The written notice shall:
(i) Specifically identify the information, facts, or other materials required to complete the application; and
(ii) Inform the applicant that the information, facts, or other materials must be received by the deadline date specified; that if the application remains incomplete at the close of business on the deadline date the application may be deemed to be abandoned and no further review of the application will occur; and that if the application is abandoned the submitted fees shall neither be refundable nor transferable to a subsequent application.
(b) If all of the information, facts, or other materials are received by the board by the deadline date and the application is determined to be complete, the board shall process the application and may require updated information as it deems necessary.
(2) If the application is not complete because the board is investigating, pursuant to section 4730.26 of the Revised Code, evidence appearing to show that the applicant has violated Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code or applicable rules adopted by the board, the board shall do both of the following:
(a) Notify the applicant that although otherwise complete, the application will not be processed pending completion of the investigation; and
(b) Upon completion of the investigation and the determination that the applicant is not in violation of statute or rule, process the application, including requiring updated information as it deems necessary.
(H) A certificate to practice as a physician assistant must be renewed in the manner and according to the requirements of section 4730.14 of the Revised Code.
(I) The CME requirement for renewal of the certificate to practice is as follows:
(1) Each applicant for renewal shall certify that the applicant has completed the requisite hours of CME since the start of the licensure registration period.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (I)(3) of this rule, a physician assistant shall have completed one hundred hours of CME during the licensure registration period.
(3) If the certificate to practice is initially issued prior to the first day of the second year of a licensure registration period, an individual shall be required to earn fifty total hours; if the license is issued on or after the first day of the second year of a licensure registration period and prior to the first day of the eighteenth month of that licensure registration period, the licensee shall be required to earn twenty-five total hours; if the certificate to practice is issued on or after the first day of the eighteenth month of a licensure registration period, the licensee shall not be required to earn any hours of CME credits for that licensure registration period.
(4) Only those hours earned from the date of initial licensure to the end of the licensure registration period shall be used towards the total hour requirement as contained in this rule.
(5) Completion of the CME requirement may be satisfied by courses acceptable for the individual to maintain NCCPA certification.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/31/2012
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4730.07, 4776.03
Rule Amplifies: 4730.101, 4730.11, 4730.12, 4730.13, 4730.14, 4730.28, 4776.01, 4776.02, 4776.03, 4776.04
Prior Effective Dates: 10/31/07