(A) The board may refuse to issue or renew, suspend, place on probation, or permanently revoke a certificate of good standing for any one or any combination of the following causes:
(1) Non-compliance with or failure to fulfill the provisions of this chapter of the Administrative Code or applicable provisions of Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code;
(2) Furnishing of false, misleading, or incomplete information requested by the board;
(3) The signing of an application or the holding of a certificate of good standing by a person who has pleaded guilty or has been found guilty of a felony or has pleaded guilty or been found guilty of a crime involving moral turpitude;
(5) Violation of any commitment made in an application for a certificate of good standing; or
(6) Discrimination in the acceptance and education of students upon the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;
(7) Failure of a school's graduates to demonstrate minimally adequate performance on the MBLEx or the cosmetic therapy exam as determined under paragraph (A) of rule 4731-1-19 of the Administrative Code; or
(B) If the board proposes to refuse to issue or renew, suspend, place on probation, or permanently revoke a certificate of good standing or provisional certificate of good standing, the applicant or the certificate holder shall be entitled to a hearing such proposal . Notice and hearing requirements will be in compliance with the provisions of Chapter 119. of the Revised Code and any rules adopted by the board.
(C) In determining the effective date of any suspension or permanent revocation of a certificate, the board shall take into consideration those students currently enrolled in the course of instruction subject to the permanent revocation or suspension.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 10/18/2011 and 01/24/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4731.05, 4731.15
Rule Amplifies: 4731.15 , 4731.16
Prior Effective Dates: 6/17/91, 6/30/01