(A) A registrant may apply to change to active status by completing the following:
(1) If the application is received no more than two years after the date the registrant's Ohio license expired, the registrant shall have submitted a reinstatement application.
(2) If the application is received more than two years after the date the registrant's Ohio license expired, the registrant shall have submitted a restoration application.
(B) The reinstatement or restoration application shall include all of the following.
(1) Documentation of compliance with the continuing medical education requirements for an active licensee for the time period in which the registrant's license was in inactive status. This requirement must be fulfilled prior to submission of the application.
(2) Submission of appropriate renewal fees and any applicable monetary penalty pursuant to section 4731.281 of the Revised Code if the registrant is a physician or pursuant to section 4731.15 of the Revised Code if the registrant is a massage therapist or cosmetic therapist.
(3) Submission of any other information required by the board.
(C) In the event the holder of an emeritus certificate applies for restoration after two years from the date the registrant's Ohio license expired or if the registrant has not engaged in practice for more than two years, the board may require the applicant to demonstrate present fitness to practice pursuant to section 4731.222 of the Revised Code.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/31/2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4731.05 ; 4731.15
Rule Amplifies: 4731.15 , 4731.22, 4731.222, 4731.281
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/99, 8/31/2006